Seventy-five thousand miles. That’s how far most Americans travel on their feet by the time they reach age 50, according to the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
Despite this lifelong journey, most people hardly give their feet, ankles, and leg structures much thought—until there’s a problem. Then, each one of those thousands of steps can remind you of your pain, tenderness, swelling, and irritation. Pain can interfere with work, exercise, and the simple enjoyment of daily life. Even still, many people hesitate to seek help for their foot and ankle pain. They may fear the treatment will be worse than the day-to-day discomfort…or they just aren’t sure where to find the help they need.
For those in central Indiana, Dr. Jeffrie Leibovitz and his staff are here for you. Dr. Leibovitz combines his 30 years of experience with the most modern diagnostic equipment and proven treatment options in the field of podiatry. With a personalized approach, Dr. Jeffrie Leibovitz encourages every patient to take an active part in his or her foot and ankle care to end those frustrating and painful symptoms. If you have been experiencing foot or ankle pain or have suffered a related injury, don’t hesitate to contact our Indianapolis office today at (317) 545-0505, or take a moment to complete our online contact form for a prompt response from a member of our incredible office staff.
What Ailments Can Our Indianapolis Podiatrist Treat?
Too often, people ignore foot and ankle pain. They chalk it up to just a little soreness or what some call “normal pain.” Pain is the body’s warning signal and is NEVER normal. Sometimes the fear of treatment and the unknown keep them from getting the help they desperately need and want. Dr. Leibovitz provides a full range of podiatric care to people of all ages. From infants to the elderly, we offer comprehensive care for the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of issues, including:
- Foot deformities. Some foot problems arise due to foot deformities and bad anatomy. The feet may be unsightly or cause embarrassment and pain. Reconstructive surgery can correct these issues and alleviate associated pain.
- Heel pain. Heel pain is a common complaint of podiatric patients. It can encompass plantar fasciitis, bone spurs, Achilles tendinitis, and excessive pronation in adults and adolescents.
- Sports medicine. Dr. Leibovitz is especially suited to address the foot and ankle issues most commonly associated with sports, such as overuse injuries, tendonitis, stress fractures, flat feet (over-pronators), turf toe, athlete’s foot, and heel pain. He works with local universities to help keep collegiate athletes healthy and on the field.
- Diabetic foot care. Proper foot care is especially important for those who suffer from diabetes. Left unaddressed, diabetes can cause problems with circulation, numbness, balance, and delayed wound healing.
- Skin and nail issues. While skin and nail issues can range from nuisances to pain, many can be easily treated. Dr. Leibovitz can help alleviate a wide range of problems, including ingrown toenails and fungal infections.
- Pediatric foot care. Changes in the wear on children’s shoes, in-toeing, discoloration of the skin or nails, bumps on the skin, changes in coordination and stamina, falling, and early fatigue are all signs of potential podiatric problems in children. With rapidly growing and changing bodies, kids can develop problems very quickly. The biggest concern is an obvious rolling-in of the foot or flat foot that does not provide any symptoms in the early years, but creates problems in the third, fourth, or fifth decades of life. Prompt treatment can prevent issues from progressing into adulthood.
- Diseases of the foot. Other diseases of the foot, including arthritis, cancer, and more, can occur. Dr. Leibovitz can address these conditions in a private, personalized setting to alleviate pain and improve symptoms.
Our Indianapolis Podiatrist Alleviates Pain Without Further Discomfort
One of the main concerns patients express to Dr. Leibovitz is the pain associated with treatment. They are often surprised to learn that many common issues can be treated quickly with minimal discomfort. In addition to the standard topical creams and oral medications, Dr. Leibovitz offers his patients, when appropriate:
- Biomechanical treatment. Addressing the cause of the problem can be as easy as an orthotic and stretching. A simple athletic taping is a great test to see how changing the way the foot works affects the original pain.
- Painless injections. Using a gentle technique he has perfected over the course of his 30 years as a podiatrist, Dr. Leibovitz performs nearly painless injections.
- Surgical options. Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Dr. Leibovitz is very qualified to perform surgery to treat a number of foot and ankle issues. Minor soft tissue and nail issues can be treated right in the office, while he addresses more complicated conditions at an outpatient surgery center.
Why Call Our Indianapolis Podiatry Office?
A podiatrist is the most qualified medical professional to address foot and ankle needs. With four years of podiatric medical school training and hospital-based residency, as well as years of experience, Dr. Leibovitz is an expert in the care of the foot and ankle. Locally, he also works with podiatric and family medicine residents at Community Health Network to lead and train future doctors.
If you aren’t sure exactly what kind of foot or ankle problem you have, or what treatment options might be best for you, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment to have Dr. Leibovitz take a look today. Call our convenient Indianapolis office at (317) 545-0505 or fill out our online contact form, and we can work together to address your foot or ankle pain.
When you call our office, you can expect to speak with a friendly and knowledgeable team. We offer same day appointments to help address your needs as quickly as possible. Additionally, our staff is invested in understanding each patient as an individual with unique worries, needs, and resources. We take the time to help every patient fully understand the medical condition and explore a variety of treatment options to meet your specific needs—physically, emotionally, and financially. We are partners in the community who also want to be partners in your podiatric care and treatment.
Don’t tolerate foot or ankle pain for one more day. Call Dr. Jeffrie Leibovitz today at (317) 545-0505 to address your podiatry problems in a comforting and welcome environment. From our Indianapolis office, we proudly treat patients all over central Indiana, including Hancock County, Fishers, Carmel, Lawrence, McCordsville, Oaklandon, Anderson, Muncie, and Pendleton.